Re: number of threads

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 22:53:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, A. Schulze wrote:
> SCAJA admin:
>
>> I'm using opendkim with postfix and can't seem to find the number of thread
>> limit configuration anywhere. Does anyone know where it can be set?
>
> usually you don't limit the number of thread per milter but inbound smtp
> connections.
> 100 concurrent connections -> 100 threads per milter.
> ( not sure if it match 1:1 but at least the correlate linear ... )

Right, the milter library will create one thread per connection until it
can't create any more.

Sendmail was working on a variant of libmilter that does worker pools
instead of the 1:1 form but I don't know if it was ever published. If it
was, recompiling against that library would be all you need to do.

-MSK