Re: Help Request: wrong body hash

From: Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:24:44 -0400

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 9:42 AM, David Flanigan <dave_at_flanigan.net> wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> I am using Sendmail (8.14.7) with the OpenDKIM (opendkim: OpenDKIM Filter
> v2.10.3)
>
> I have the following line in my sendmail.mc:
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`opendkim', `S=inet:8891_at_127.0.0.1')
>
> The sendmail.mc compiles without error and /var/log/maillog shows it is at
> least processing mail both in and outbound.
>
> The only other software that interacts pre-sendmail, in one case, Round Cube
> Mail (which I use for webmail). However I have tried e-mail in via SMTP from
> my tablet and also direct mail from the command line into send mail with the
> same error.
>
> Below is my /etc/opendkim.conf file (comments removed to save space):
>
> PidFile /var/run/opendkim/opendkim.pid
> Mode sv
> Syslog yes
> SyslogSuccess yes
> LogWhy yes
> UserID opendkim:opendkim
> Socket inet:8891_at_localhost
> Umask 002
> SendReports yes
> ReportAddress "Flanigan.net Postmaster" <postmaster_at_flanigan.net>
> SoftwareHeader yes
> Canonicalization relaxed/simple
> Domain flanigan.net
> Selector default
> MinimumKeyBits 1024
> KeyFile /etc/opendkim/keys/default.private
> KeyTable /etc/opendkim/KeyTable
> SigningTable refile:/etc/opendkim/SigningTable
> InternalHosts refile:/etc/opendkim/TrustedHosts
> OversignHeaders From
> FixCRLF yes
>
> ---
>
> Kind Regards,
> David
>
> David Flanigan
> Mobile: +1.513.560.8231
> E: dave_at_flanigan.net W: http://www.flanigan.net
>

> On 2015-07-27 09:14, A. Schulze wrote:
>

> David Flanigan:
>
> Yet still I see, from testing, indications of the body hash being
> invalid. What could I be missing? Any advice greatly appreciated!
>

> which MTA do you use?
> how is MTA and OpenDKIM connected?
> - MTA config
> - opendkim config
> which other software handle your messages on the way to a validator?

      Andreas

      Stupid question: are you using 8bitmime? If so, I had an issue
(http://unixwars.blogspot.com/2015/01/8bitmime-and-dkim-body-authentication.html)
 with receiving 8bitmime that was not being flagged as so, which would
cause postfix to assume it was 7bit ASCII email and then DKIM would
fail. Not saying it is your problem, but that is something to thing
about.