Is DKIM stable ?

From: Tim J <tjdml_at_timweb.ca>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 15:23:17 -0300

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get DKIM working, well, working all
the time. I've set it up according to documentation I have found. It all
goes well, sometimes. I sent a test message to my Gmail. It worked! Sent
a second email 5 minutes later, it failed. I got doing something else,
then 15 minutes later, without making changes, it passes again. Testing
with http://www.appmaildev.com/en/dkim/ gives similar results. I even
got a pass from there when Gmail failed moments before. Am I doing
something obscure wrong?

Sendmail 8.14.5 on Slackware 14.0 with Quad Xeon 3.4Ghz - 6GB ram

Tim