Re: [opendkim:bugs] #222 Enhance config file element handling for unrecognized tags/parameters

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2015 13:25:10 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 4 May 2015, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> In general, I think deprecate (with warnings) and then remove is a good
> strategy.

I assume "remove" here means "render invalid". For how long should
something be deprecated before being removed?

My contention is that this just moves back the date when something is
rendered invalid, once again forcing operator attention. The same
"surprise" happens, but only after it's possible some undesirable thing
has been taking place for a while.

-MSK