Re: [opendkim:bugs] #222 Enhance config file element handling for unrecognized tags/parameters

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 10:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 30 Mar 2015, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> the removed feature broke an existing configuration. that's bad.
>> for the user and the reputation of the software in question.
>
> why was it even removed ?, why not just change default to disabled, thus who
> still want it could enabled it ?

ADSP has been declared Historic by the IETF, and has no support in terms
of advancement or advocacy. Its main purpose has basically moved to
DMARC, which does have active development and support. It's silly to
continue to maintain code supporting a deprecated feature that is
generally quite problematic which has been abandoned by most
operators that care about it.

> its idioti imho

I'll take comments like that seriously when I see donations from you to
The Trusted Domain Project. ;-)

-MSK