Re: proper syntax for SenderHeaders in opendkim.conf

From: A. Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 16:57:42 +0100

Patrick Proniewski:

> But I don't understand the usefulness of MTA directive in
> opendkim.conf and milter_macro_daemon_name=MLM-SUBMISSION. If
> network flows are segregated, is it still useful?

maybe it's not required in your setup. But it's a safety net to make sure
opendkim don't wrongly sign messages.

For example users may define the smtpd_milters in main.cf.
Then opendkim has to follow a complex logic to decide whether signing
or verification should occur.
In those setups the MTA dataset is very useful.

Andreas