Re: possible bug in Mail::DKIM when keysize is under 1024 bits

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 22:09:30 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015, A. Schulze wrote:
> BTW: Murray:
> same RFC: "Verifiers ... MAY be able to validate signatures with larger
> (>2048) keys."
>
> using 4k keys, as I do, is not inside the specification?
> Are there plans to update these sentence?

It means verifiers don't have to support keys larger than 2K, but they
might. You're within specification for generating keys, but a verifier
would be within its rights to decide it doesn't want to deal with a key
that big.

You could bring it up on the ietf-dkim list and ask for clarification, or
maybe suggest that an erratum be filed.

-MSK