Reputation DB

From: A. Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 09:42:52 +0200

Hello,

I noticed a little resource problem on my reputation database server.

Setup:
~10 opendkim instances report the statistics about incoming message to
my database server.
The database has 20 Mio entries in the messages table. These entries
are up to 100 days old
(opendkim-expire has as default 180 days)

opendkim-genstats takes more then 3 hours. during this time the disk
usage grow significant.
I have a separate 30 GB partition mounted as ~mysql/.tmp.
Opendkim-genstats create temporary tables that fill this temp space up
to 80% in my case.
(the space is free again after opendkim-genstats has finished)
That's impressive as the normal database use 'only' 6 GB.

Have other users similar problems?
Andreas