Re: dmarc failure when sending to the list

From: Patrick Proniewski <patpro_at_patpro.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 08:46:12 +0200

On 10 juil. 2014, at 08:27, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jul 2014, Patrick Proniewski wrote:
>>> Admitting I could convert before signing, how would I know what is the Content-Transfer-Encoding preferred by the remote server?
>>
>> Ok, looks like DKIM requires that Content-Transfer-Encoding is 7bits (quoted-printable for example) before signing, according to the RFC: <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4871#section-5.3> Now the problem remains, unfortunately, meaning that using a strong DMARC/DKIM policy is impossible unless you don't mind seeing your emails beeing dropped by remote mail servers.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> RFC4871 is obsolete. You should be using RFC6376 as the reference.
>
> Anyway, can you coax your message generator or MTA to convert to something that's 7-bit?

Well, in fact I'm sending "Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable", which is 7bit but the opendkim list server convert to "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit".
You can check that pretty easily as you're in To: of this reply, and the list is Cc:. You'll get my message twice, with different Content-Transfer-Encoding.

Regards,
Patrick