Using a socket to connect to sql

From: Connor Prussin <cprussin_at_bci-incorporated.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 16:26:23 -0400

Hello-

Is it possible to use a socket to connect opendkim to mysql? I see in
the man pages that:

>No value within the DSN may contain any of the six punctuation
>characters (":", "/", "_at_", "+", "?" and "=") used to separate portions
>of the DSN from each other.

So this seems to imply that a path would be unacceptable anywhere in the
dsn specification. Can anyone clarify, or point me to a message in the
archives or a feature request for using a unix socket rather than a tcp
connection?

Thanks!

Connor