Re: Signing Mode Only Behavior

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:54:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014, Andrew, trash nothing! founder wrote:
> I installed and configured opendkim 2.9.0 in Signing Mode only alongside
> postfix ("Mode  s" specified in the config file) but I've noticed that it
> appears to be adding Authentication-Results headers to incoming emails.  I
> was expecting Signing Only mode to just add signatures to outgoing email and
> not affect incoming email.  I checked the documentation but I couldn't find
> any clear cut way to prevent OpenDKIM from adding Authentication-Results
> headers.
>
> Is there a way to completely disable OpenDKIM from modifying incoming
> emails?

This looks like it might possibly be a bug. There is a check in there
that says "If no signatures were requested and verifier mode is off, then
ignore the message." Somehow that's not firing for your case, which means
either the "Mode" setting isn't being properly handled, or you are indeed
getting signature requests for the message.

Can you please open a bug ticket and attach to it both your configuration
file(s) and a sample message that triggers the problem?

-MSK