Re: unable to start opendkim on Ubuntu

From: Cole Tierney <colet_at_llsys.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 15:27:28 -0500

I’ve got opendkim running and signing emails. I here are my changes to /etc/opendkim.conf:

Added:
UserID opendkim:opendkim
Socket inet:8891_at_localhost
OversignHeaders From

Edited:
Canonicalization relaxed/simple
SubDomains yes

I’m unsure which change did the trick, but I’m glad the signing is working.

Now I just need to wait for my dns provider to fix my public key record. They seem unfamiliar with dkim. They have a simple http dns editor, but it’s broken; truncates everything in the txt record at the first semicolon and there’s no name field. Escaping doesn’t help.

On Mar 5, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Cole Tierney <colet_at_llsys.com> wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 and I'm having trouble getting opendkim to start. I followed this tutorial:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Postfix/DKIM
>
> It seems to be related to permissions on /etc/mail. I don't see anything related to opendkim in:
> /var/log/mail.log
>
> sudo service opendkim start
> Starting OpenDKIM: opendkim: /etc/opendkim.conf: /etc/mail is writeable and owned by uid 107 which is not the executing uid (111) or the superuser
> opendkim.

<snip>