Re: OpenDKIM: no MTA name match (host=myhost.mydomain.com, MTA=myhost.mydomain.com)

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:26:23 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014, Pau Peris wrote:
> thanks a lot for your explanation, now i understand it a lot better. Just to
> conclude, right now i've setted MTA myhost.mydomain.com so as for your
> explanation i understand opendkim is going to sign each email which is
> delivered from myhost.mydomain.com, is that right?

Yes, but in reality since you have the InternalHosts setting matching the
sources of your email, it's probably not using the MTA setting because
it's checked after InternalHosts. Only one of those tests needs to be
satisfied for signing to happen.

> If it comes the day where i have Postfix on multiple machines then i
> could set MTA submission, smtps, etc so it signs emails based on port
> and not on host, is that right?

If you have postfix on multiple machines, they would probably all match
InternalHosts, so again it's not useful. It's really only useful if
you're listening on multiple interfaces or multiple ports of the same
machine, and you want to sign for some but not all of them.

I really don't think you need this at all.

-MSK