Should I use DKIM to sign messages?

From: Michael McCallister <mikemc-opendkim_at_terabytemedia.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 15:17:50 -0700

Hi,

First, please note I do not know much about DKIM.

I am deploying 3 mail servers for purposes of forwarding email. They
only forward (i.e. account1_at_example.com -> account2_at_otherexample.com
etc.). No end-users will send mail directly through these servers (not
relays). Does DKIM serve any signing role in this case? After reading
briefly into DKIM, it sounds as if signing should really be done at the
relay where the mail server would conceivably know something about the
sender. Based on my understanding of DKIM, I should not bother signing
emails on these forwarding servers. Is that a correct conclusion? In
case it matters at all, I am using SRS (http://www.libsrs2.org/).

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Michael