Re: Dropping libdkimrep support, was 2.9.0 under development

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 10:35:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2013, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
> Is that the dkim_rep_* family of functions? I imagine I can drop
> support for it as well, or roll my own code to perform a similar
> functionality.
>
> All I get from it is just stuff like the bottom line below:

> spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=email.change.org;
> dkim=pass header.i=_at_change.org;
> x-dkim-rep=neutral (1000 from al.dkim-reputation.org) header.d=change.org

Yes, that's it.

> (Users can configure do_reputation, reputation_fail, reputation_pass,
> and reputation_root.) I don't think it's a top selling feature, but
> what's the reason to remove it from the library?

I don't really want to maintain code that has no practical use.
There's something attractive about having the code base be as small as
possible.

Same with ADSP; if the move to Historic goes fast enough, that code will
simply get deleted. It will always be in the git history should there
ever be a reason to ressurrect it or pull it up as an example.

If a compelling argument can be made, we might be able to move them to
underneath "contrib", where at least I would feel like I'm no longer
responsible for maintaining it.

-MSK