Re: rsa routines:INT_RSA_VERIFY:bad signature

From: john espiro <john_espiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:48:44 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I'm not no sure that the problem is from me... it only happens on messages that a subset of other people send to the list. For example, from a gmail user to the list: opendkim[1821]: r8BHI3tA030753: s=20120113 d=gmail.com SSL error:04091068:rsa routines:INT_RSA_VERIFY:bad signatureif posting a message header would help, I can certainly do that. ________________________________ From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org> To: john espiro <john_espiro_at_yahoo.com> Cc: "opendkim-users_at_lists.opendkim.org" <opendkim-users_at_lists.opendkim.org> Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:38 AM Subject: Re: rsa routines:INT_RSA_VERIFY:bad signature On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, john espiro wrote: > OK... now looking at it today, it seems that I am only getting these > errors for emails that come from a particular mailing list.  So I am > wondering if there is something that I can send to the list owner so > that they can fix it.  But if it's not possible for them to fix it, then > I don't want to bother them.  Is there a resource I can view in order to > see if this is an option? If by this you mean mail that transits a list has an invalid signature from you, then the likely cause is that the list is altering the message (e.g., tagging the Subject: or adding a footer) that invalidates your signature.  There's nothing to "fix" other than trying to convince the list operator to turn those features off. Really, though, the list can just sign the message with its own domain, and people can decide to trust that signature instead of yours. -MSK