Re: domainname setting q?

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 10:49:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, James Cloos wrote:
> For hosts which only ever send mail with from addresses _at_ their own
> hostname, should that hostname be used as the dkim domainname?

There are some operators that value cases where the From: domain matches
the DKIM "d=" domain. Any domain implementing DMARC inbound will also be
made happy when that alignment exists.

DKIM itself, however, doesn't establish such a requirement.

So I guess the right answer is that it's probably overall better if you
can do it that way.

-MSK