Re: Errors in message header

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 23:56:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013, Andreas Schulze wrote:
>> 3.) And finally, why does it tell me dkim=neutral (bad format)
>
> that's a thing I also notices just today.
> a signed message is sent to googlegroups. they validate, remove the signature
> and insert an X-Original-Authentication-Results header with the mystic
> "dkim=neutral (bad format)"
> Then they resign as googlegroups.com.
>
> does anybody know what's happaning here?

X-Original-Authentication-Results is a Googleism for "This is the A-R
field I got when the original message was received. It has since been
transformed (by Google Groups, or another provider like Yahoo!), and some
other A-R field may also apply."

Regardless, it's non-standard, so exactly what it means can vary.

As for why there's a "bad format" result, we'd have to ask Google. This
is not something I'd seen before.

-MSK