Re: Permission denied

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 16:56:25 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013, Fred White wrote:
> Opendkim is working OK and I am now re-trying to set the keys up but I
> am getting this error and I have set the permission as in the tutorial I
> have used before.
>
> My version is (2.6.8-4)

That version is fairly old (about a year) by now. 2.8.4 is current. At a
minimum, upgrading will improve the error text so that it tells you which
file or directory had permissions that were unacceptable.

Generally, what the filter wants is to find that the only users that can
write to the private key are the superuser and the opendkim user. If
there's any group write permission enabled for a group that doesn't only
contain those users, or if there's a global write permission enabled
anywhere, the key can't be used.

You can override this check by setting RequireSafeKeys to "false".

-MSK