Re: Any benefit to individual keys for subdomains?

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 09:57:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Steve Jenkins wrote:
> But I'm just wondering if there is any benefit to breaking it out
> separately

There are a few things that come to mind but they're all kind of minor:

1) You don't ever have to copy keys from one box to the other, which means
there's less of an opportunity for mishandling of something sensitive.

2) Configuration is ever so slightly more tricky.

3) If there's anyone out there collecting per-selector data about
reputation, those two machines will develop separate reputations. (That
may actually be a good thing, depending on how they're used.)

I think it's more of a "Sure you could do it that way, but why?"
situation.

-MSK