Re: Signing problems with OpenDKIM on Ubuntu

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 00:12:37 -0700

Hi Jim,
At 23:11 19-04-2013, Jim Fenton wrote:
>5. Changed Domain to xbluepopcorn.net. Then I do get messages in
>syslog, e.g.:
>Apr 19 22:30:30 kernel opendkim[14486]: r3K5UTNM014503: no signing
>domain match for 'bluepopcorn.net'
>
>So it must be intending to sign, but not going through with it.

OpenDKIM attempted to sign but there wasn't a match for the signing
domain. That is why the message was not DKIM signed. Are you using
SigningTable in your configuration.

>Also, I'd like to check my understanding of InternalHosts. Is there a
>way to always consider a message coming through the submission port
>(587) to be something to sign rather than verify, regardless of source
>IP address? How would I specify this, or is it automatic?

You can do that with the MTA [1] setting in your configuration file.

Regards,
-sm

1. A set of MTA names (a la the sendmail(8) DaemonPortOptions Name
parameter) whose mail should be signed by this filter. There is no
default, meaning MTA name is not considered when making the
sign-verify decision.