Re: Can't get opendkim to work on Ubuntu

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:49:55 -0400

Manually create the run directory (note: this shouldn't be needed, but it
should resolve the particular issue you're hitting for some reason):

sudo mkdir /var/run/opendkim

You don't need to worry about /var/spool/postfix unless you switch to a Unix
socket, which you shouldn't need to do. If you do run opendkim via Unix
socket withe postfix in a chroot, there may be other things you need to change
as well. I recommend using the TCP socket.

Scott K