Re: v2.9.0 release planning

From: Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 00:06:54 +0200

Hi, Murray,

On 04/11/2013 11:37 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2013, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
>> Just added
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3610624&group_id=269812&atid=1147704
>> to the tracker: request for feature to restrict (inet) access to
>> opendkim when client is connecting via the network (Internet).
>
> I'm a little confused by this request. opendkim itself never gets
> clients other than local MTAs. Rather, it is told about clients the
> MTA has received.

Hmm, maybe I misread the documentation, but in opendkim.conf one can
specify a Socket like:

Socket inet:<portnumber>_at_<one of the local IP addresses
configured on this host>

With '<one of the local IP addresses configured on this host>' I mean
any local IP address except 127.0.0.1.

Now if this host is connected to the Internet it means any host that can
reach <IP address:portnumber> can connect to opendkim, right? I have a
setup in mind with multiple MTA's where MTA-1 can connect to opendkim on
MTA-2 in case the opendkim process on MTA-1 is not available (redundancy
setup). In this case opendkim on MTA-2 cannot simply listen on 127.0.0.1
but has to listen on one of its full IP addresses, otherwise MTA-1 can
never connect to it.

Hope this explains things?

Regards,
/rolf