Re: opendkim/postfix: no signature for emails submitted through port 25

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 22:36:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, Todd Lyons wrote:
> You have LogWhy set to yes in your opendkim.conf. If opendkim was
> seeing the message, there would be a line there that says why it decided
> not to sign it. Since there is no line from opendkim, we can only
> conclude that postfix is not actually submitting it to opendkim when you
> submit the messages from the ssh tunnel or from the commandline.

I would draw the same conclusion.

> I don't know enough about postfix configuration to know if the milter
> _should_ be getting called from your configuration.

...and suffer the same knowledge limitation.

>> Any idea? (and by the way, what is the expected behavior of
>> MilterDebug? At "3" it looks like it won't log more than "0".
>
> I haven't delved into that myself, maybe Murray or SM can provide more
> info.

Whatever value you put there is passed directly to the milter library to
set its debug level. That's not code we control, so you'd have to look at
the library to find out what level will give you the detail you want. A
grep of the library source suggests that the interesing levels other than
0 are 2, 4, 5, and 6.

-MSK