Re: DKIM hardfail (with eg. google or test sites)

From: Matthias Weiss <matthias_at_more-onion.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 16:00:17 +0100

> > It's not only Gmail, the test facility of allaboutspam.com reports the
> > same.
>
> Never heard about that one. Try sa-test_at_sendmail.net.

Seems like our mails pass the sa-test_at_sendmail.net Sender Authentication:

"Authentication System: DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM)
   Result: DKIM signature confirmed GOOD
   Reporting host: services.sendmail.com
   More information: http://dkim.org/
   Sendmail milter: http://opendkim.org/

Authentication System: Sender ID
   Result: SID data confirmed GOOD
   Reporting host: services.sendmail.com
   More information: http://www.microsoft.com/senderid
   Sendmail milter: https://sourceforge.net/projects/sid-milter/

Authentication System: Sender Permitted From (SPF)
   Result: SPF data confirmed GOOD
   Reporting host: services.sendmail.com
   More information: http://openspf.org/"

If I look at the "z=" header entry in the mail I received in my gmail account
I can't find any differences from the real header except that there are '=20'
character sequences replacing single blanks, guess that's how it is supposed
to be.

e.g:
Original header:
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 15:23:02 +0100 (CET)
z= header:
Date:=20Fri,=2015=20Mar=202013=2015:23:02=20+0100=20(CET)

But something else caught my eye, I set the header fields to be signed in
opendkim.conf as

AlwaysSignHeaders To,Subject,MIME-Version,Content-
Type,Sender,From,Message-Id,Date,Reply-To,List-Unsubscribe

In the z= header the "Message-Id" and "Sender" fields are missing. Could that
be a reason?

matthias