Re: 2.8.0 and newly strict checking

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 23:32:05 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Mar 2013, Doug Barton wrote:
>> No error was produced. Further, no error was produced when I added
>> other users to that group as a test. It did fail if I turned on the
>> group read bit, since there are other users in /etc/passwd with the same
>> group.
>
> :-/
>
>> Apart from the differing uid, did I miss a step in reproducing your
>> configuration here? Your report didn't include your configuration file,
>> so that part was improvised, but the rest is the same as what, as you
>> pointed out, you already told me.
>
> It's pretty plain-vanilla, at least I think so:
>
> LogWhy yes
> Syslog yes
> SyslogSuccess yes
> Canonicalization relaxed/simple
> Domain dougbarton.us
> Selector dougbarton.us
> KeyFile /var/db/opendkim/dougbarton.us.private
> Socket inet:8891_at_localhost
> ReportAddress postmaster_at_dougbarton.us
> SendReports yes
>
> hth,

The only one of those that matters is KeyFile, which tells it what file to
open. The rest of those don't affect permissions checking. I presume
you're starting it with "su opendkim ...", since UserId is missing.

The patch I sent earlier will show what values are being queried from the
filesystem, and from /etc/passwd and /etc/group, via syslog. Running that
while things are back in your failing state might shed some light on
what's going on that the code didn't anticipate.

-MSK