opendkim using remote Zimbra LDAP keystore

From: Ximo Mira <ximo_at_openmomo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 13:35:35 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

In looking for some help or at least initial advice for getting opendkim to work with a remote LDAP server.

I use Zimbra email and in version 8 it includes opendkim. The integrated system stores all key data into Zimbra LDAP server. Weeks ago I made a deployment of an MXHero box acting a relay for the Zimbra server. After that I lost Zimbra opendkim signing.

I like very much the way Zimbra 8 manages the keys. Take a look at http://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Configuring_for_DKIM_Signing. So I want to recover all the already generated keys inside Zimbra LDAP from the remote MXHero box and make it sign the outgoing emails.

My initial idea was installing opendkim in MXHero box with same version and config file taken from Zimbra server (changing uids and some system config of courde). My researchs are at a dead end because i cant get opendkim 2.6.0 in MXHero box run using Zimbra opendkim config file. I get a LDAP connection error when trying to reach Zimbra LDAP.

##
[root_at_mxhero ~]# opendkim -x /etc/opendkim.conf
: dkimf_db_open(): Connect errorap://my.zimbra.host:389/?DKIMSelector?sub?(DKIMIdentity=$d)
##

My open topic in MXHero forums is http://sourceforge.net/projects/mxhero/forums/forum/1191030/topic/6765891

Thanks for reading