RE: difference between opendkim-testmsg and opendkim for verification

From: Vinubalaji Gopal <vgopal_at_abaca.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 19:37:46 +0000

 On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
>The input message has some lines that are CRLF-terminated and some that
>are not. This will undoubtedly confuse some MTAs out there.

>opendkim-testmsg attempts to fix these (i.e., it has the DKIM_OPTS_FIXCRLF
>feature enabled), but in doing so breaks the signature; opendkim itself
>doesn't do that by default, so it passes. If you edit the input message
>to have CRLF at the end of every line, you get a consistent result.

I can reproduce with just about any email. For example try sed instead of the unix2dos command on the simple email you were
trying to reproduce the problem I described:
sed -i -e 's/$/\r/' gmail

I think unix2dos doesn't really put carriage returns instead of newlines (probably there is some option to add carriage returns).