Re: FixCRLF when ?

From: Benny Pedersen <me_at_junc.eu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:36:05 +0100

Murray S. Kucherawy skrev den 2013-01-15 20:18:
> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Benny Pedersen wrote:
>> just noted that i have some samples with mixed CRLF, will if default
>> FixCRLF fix this generic ?
>
> I don't understand the question.

yes you did

> FixCRLF will convert naked CRs and
> LFs to CRLFs throughout the body before feeding them to
> canonicalization. This happens during signing and verifying. It does
> not, however, alter the content of what's being sent out over the
> wire; it only anticipates that something else will do that.

i think roundcube have a more hidded bug i will try to verify, so this
was why i asked how this setting in opendkim works, if its done before
signing, why is it then needed in verifying ?

as i understand it now is that it is done both in sign / verify, but
its default off, could this be why so manny see fails for dkim-adsp ?

to get it clear from me, does fixcrlf invalidte dkim if its fix it on
verify ?, what happend on this maillist here if the maillist server have
it turned on ?, and i send it with default off ?