Re: Mailman lists (reply-to) break OpenDKIM signatures

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:05:37 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013, Benoit Panizzon wrote:
> Is there any way to use opendkim is such an environment? I'm sure the
> developers must have tought about managed mailinglists.

The message that is relayed outward from the mailing list is essentially a
new message with an old signature on it. The behaviour you're seeing is
actually expected; since the list is really generating new content, it
should be the list signing it and not the author.

It's common to want author signatures to validate through lists, but in
practice this is very difficult to guarantee. One solution is to get
lists to stop modifying list traffic in very common ways, such as the ones
you've identified here. It's unlikely they're going to stop doing that.

-MSK