Re: OpenDKIM fails to sign IPv6 localhost originating email

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 16:23:11 -0800

--On Thursday, January 03, 2013 3:58 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah_at_zimbra.com> wrote:

>> Yes please, if only so that I can include it in our documentation as
>> well. The code change is pretty trivial.
>
> Well, I could live with a patch to fix it. ;) I don't need a release for
> it. I'll file a bug in the tracker so you can tag it for however you
> want to handle it release wise.

Well, the tracker is down on SF, so I won't be filing one atm. ;)

I was thinking of <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3986>, section 3.2.2.
But I see it is about URI specifically. There is also
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4038>, an informational RFC about the usage
of square brackets with IPv6 addresses.

For CIDR style notations, I guess []'s are not required, but postconf's
mynetworks (which is where we get our default set of networks) uses them
because of postfix related issues. Darn. ;)

Still, it'd be nice if OpenDKIM handled this case gracefully. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff