Re: Still somereputation problems

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:58:54 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, Christian R??ner wrote:
> If calling my my opendkim-reputation.sh daily, I get this error:
> opendkim-genrates: unable to determine low-time threshold
>
> I have no clue if this is normal or what behavior would come up :)

In opendkim-genrates at line 373 is a large SELECT. I suggest trying that
SELECT from your MySQL command line and see what you get back. Use a
value of 2 for $minspamcount, 0 for $minmsgid, and 0.75 for $spamratio.
If you get no rows back (which I suspect will be what you see) then those
three variable constraints may need some tuning.

A domain is considered spammy if it has had at least two messages reported
as spam in your environment. Something has to be tagging mail as spam for
that to happen. Do you have any rows in your messages table for which the
"spam" value is 1? If you don't, you're not getting spam reports, and
there's no way to do reputation analysis.

The $spamratio setting decides that a domain is spammy if more than that
percent of messages from that domain (as determined by the DKIM signature
on it, or the NULL domain signature if none) are flagged as spam.

Your system has to report at least one spammy domain, based on the above
criteria, for the typical lifetime of a spammy domain to be predicted. It
can't with your current data, so that's the result you're getting.

> Also short question: did my little getopt_long patch arrive?

I did. I'm at IETF in Atlanta, so I may be slow responding this week.

-MSK