Re: resource unavailable: d2i_PrivateKey_bio() failed

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 04:49:11 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012, z.szalbot_at_lcwords.com wrote:
>> I have it combined with a syscp admin panel but when I switched on the
>> DKIM signature to one of the domains we use, a correct pair of files
>> (dkim25.private and dkim25.public) was generated. And files: domains
>> and keylist were updated to reflect the domain in question.
>
> Is there anything else I can try as the files are generated properly?

That function only applies to parsing of the private key, so dkim25.public
isn't the problem. If they're generated by openssl, my guess would be
something like line termination changes through a cut-and-paste or some
other mutation. The openssl library that parses them is pretty strict
about things like line length and line termination as I recall, so it's
easy to break a valid key.

Attached is a patch to 2.7.1 that will hopefully log the openssl error
stack when you see this problem. It might include additional information
that's useful, though alas sometimes the error stack is cryptic and not
very informative.

-MSK