Re: Registering fails and some things I recognized

From: Christian Rößner <cr_at_sys4.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 11:31:49 +0100

Hi,

>> The patch seems to work (I guess). Unfortunately it does not finish, because my mailserver is running on a KVM virtual host and even I have haveged installed on the physical machine, the creation of the GPG key does not finish due to less entropy.
>>
>> - Would be nice to have /dev/urandom as an option
>> - opendkim-reportstats -register does not have an option for giving a config file. It always assumes it exists in /etc/mail/opendkim.conf (which is not the case on my system; sym linked it therefor). I think all the opendkim-* tools should follow the ./configure open --sysconfdir. In my case it is defined as --sysconfdir=/etc/opendkim.
>> - I also would try to keep interfaces the same. Most tools use --dbuser --dbhost and so on, opendkim-importstats does not. I am pretty sure this is due to the fact that this is all experimental. Please don't understand it as negative critics please :) I enjoy opendkim and it makes fun to follow what is going on there :)
>
> Patches welcome! I can try to get to these on my own for the next release but it's always simpler if someone sends me a diff.
>
> In either case, please do open feature requests for each of your suggestions so they can be tracked and scheduled.

this is my first patch ever :)

It adds long-opts to opendkim-importstats. This way, all known opendkim-* tools that connect to SQL share the same long options. Maybe you like to review it and test it. I only work on Linux, so I have no idea, if that will work on other platforms as well.

Kind regards

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG