Re: 2.7.0 broken with LDAP

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:52:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> Just FYI, OpenDKIM 2.7.0 won't even start when used with LDAP as the backend.
>
> I've filed
>
> <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=269812&atid=1147701>
>
> And will update it with further information as I obtain it.

I think this is probably related to a similar problem that was reported
with respect to SQL. 2.7.0 makes an attempt to catch cases where a
SigningTable entry is either malformed (e.g., missing fields) or includes
a reference to a missing or malformed KeyTable entry. That involves
walking the SigningTable and querying the KeyTable for matching entries.
In the case of SQL, an errant NULL in the table wasn't anticipated, which
caused a NULL dereference and a crash. A patch has already been applied
that fixes the SQL case, but it looks like we probably need something
similar for LDAP.

I don't have an LDAP server configured locally to test this theory. Are
you able to at least get a complete stack trace from your crash?

-MSK