Re: OpenDKIM Segmentation when using MySQL

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 16:29:31 -0700

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Adam M. Jacques <adam_at_adamjacques.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently upgraded from OpenDKIM v2.6 to v2.7.0 and now I seem to be having
> issues attempting to start OpenDKIM. When I attempt to start OpenDKIM, it
> immediately crashes with a Segmentation Fault. I've narrowed down the
> problem to be with the SigningTable and KeyTable lines in my configuration
> file since it only crashes when they are present:
>
> SigningTable
> dsn:mysql://opendkim:password_at_localhost/OpenDKIM/table=SigningKeys?keycol=do
> main_name?datacol=id
> KeyTable
> dsn:mysql://opendkim:password_at_localhost/OpenDKIM/table=SigningKeys?keycol=id
> ?datacol=domain_name,selector,private_key

It works just fine for me using the dsn syntax on my system. I assume
the database "OpenDKIM" in mysql on the localhost can be accessed by
user "opendkim" with the obviously obfuscated password.

Is this similar to what you see?

[root_at_smtp4 ~]# ldd `which opendkim` | grep opendbx
        libopendbx.so.1 => /usr/local/lib/libopendbx.so.1 (0x0000002a95666000)

> I compiled OpenDKIM with the following command:
> ./configure --with-odbx=/usr/local/ --with-sql-backend=mysql --prefix=/usr
> --enable-stats --enable-debug

Mine is similar, but without the --with-sql-backend option.

./configure --with-lua --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl
--with-odbx=/usr/local --disable-
shared --enable-adsp_lists --enable-atps --enable-diffheaders
--enable-debug --enable-redi
rect --enable-sender_macro --enable-stats --enable-statsext
--with-unbound=/usr/local --en
able-dkim_reputation --enable-rate_limit --enable-vbr --enable-reputation

> I'm not sure what went wrong, since OpenDKIM v2.6 seemed to have worked in
> this scenario. Did I compile something wrong here? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

I don't see anything obviously wrong. Just wanted to let you know
that what you have so far is sane.

...Todd