only check domain name, not hostname?

From: Micah Anderson <micah_at_riseup.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 15:46:17 -0400

I've just (finally) switched from an older dkim implementation to
opendkim, and I'm trying to sort out one or two remaining issues.

The main one I'm puzzled by is the results I got from some of the
auto-responder test addresses. I see that the dkim test is failing
because they are looking for the DNS entry for
_domainkey.hostname.example.com when I was expecting them to simply look
for _domainkey.example.com. I can get around that by adding DNS TXT
entries for the hostname (and its alias), but is there a configuration
option I can set to request that remote sites don't check the hostname
portion?

Thanks!
micah