Re: OpenDKIM problems with Postfix

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 16:48:07 -0700

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Justin T. Stear
<jtstear_at_maurerstutzinc.com> wrote:
> Steve,
> It appears you have fixed a networking problem as well. Now I am
> getting,
> opendkim]# service opendkim start
> Generating default DKIM keys: [ OK ]
> Default DKIM keys for mycompany.com created in /etc/opendkim/keys.
> Starting OpenDKIM Milter: opendkim: smfi_opensocket() failed
> [FAILED]
> So, it looks like once smfi_opensocket error gets fixed I should be good
> to go.
> Thank you for your help!

Cool - I figured that would fix the networking stuff, but the
smfi_opensocket() stuff... that's strange. You might get that if the
socket is already open, or if you're trying to use both TCP and Unix
sockets simultanerously.

That section of my main.cf looks like this:

#DKIM
smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:8891
non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters
#milter_protocol = 2
milter_default_action = accept

(I comment out the milter_protocol because I'm using a modern version
of Postfix)

Can you share your opendkim.conf file?

SJ