Re: SMTP server mode

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 12:38:51 -0700

--On Friday, August 17, 2012 11:56 PM +0200 Andreas Schulze
<sca_at_andreasschulze.de> wrote:

>> Ok, "temp fail". Which to the client means their mail is REJECTED and
>> not accepted for delivery. Same difference. Either way, it does not
>> end up queued until the milter is back in service.
>
> Ahh, the feature you like is http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html
> That's not my way. Thats why I did not noticed that.
>
> After Queue Filtering is good for accepting all spam and give most users
> best chance to become a source of backscatter.
>
> You may setup a 2. smtp server at localhost:anyhighport using a milter.
> Then configure your primary smtp server to forward all incoming mail to
> that 2. smtp server.
>
> That will solve your main problem.
>
> master.cf:
> -----
> smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
> -o content_filter=127.0.0.1:12345
>
> 127.0.0.1:12345 inet n - n - - smtpd
> -o smtpd_milters=${opendkim_milter}
> -----
>
> now, if the milter fail, the mail still stay in a queue at *your* server.

This does not appear to work. No mail I submit is ever delivered to the
milter server.

I have:

smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
    -o content_filter=127.0.0.1:10029
465 inet n - n - - smtpd
    -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o content_filter=127.0.0.1:10029
submission inet n - n - - smtpd
    -o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject
    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
    -o smtpd_tls_security_level=may
    -o content_filter=127.0.0.1:10029

127.0.0.1:10029 inet n - n - - smtpd
        -o smtpd_milters=inet:localhost:8465

zimbra_at_zre-ldap002:~/postfix/conf$ netstat -a | grep 10029
tcp 0 0 localhost:10029 *:* LISTEN

Yet there is never anything logged by OpenDKIM for mail that I submit to
the server. If I go back to my current milter setup, OpenDKIM logs data
for every submitted email.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount