Re: SMTP server mode

From: Patrick Ben Koetter <p_at_state-of-mind.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:04:53 +0200

* Benny Pedersen <me_at_junc.org>:
> Den 2012-08-20 16:08, Murray S. Kucherawy skrev:
>
> >For both sendmail and postfix, the issue came down to how to deal
> >with it in milter. Wietse and Claus couldn't come to an agreement,
> >and the debate halted and hasn't resumed.
>
> i think milters are designed very well on this problem, since the
> badest things is milters with quarantine support is the real problem

They will not solve the problem we discuss at the moment in this thread. We
are talking about dealing with tenants in a pre queue setup. None of the
existing solutions, neither SMTP filters nor MILTERS, are capable to ACCEPT
messages for one recipient and REJECT it for the other within the same
message.

That's not a problem of SMTP filters or MILTERS, but a limitation of the SMTP
protocol. PRDR, as mentioned before in this thread, could solve the problem.

p_at_rick

--
state of mind ()
http://www.state-of-mind.de