Re: SMTP server mode

From: Andreas Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 23:56:20 +0200

> Ok, "temp fail". Which to the client means their mail is REJECTED and not
> accepted for delivery. Same difference. Either way, it does not end up
> queued until the milter is back in service.

Ahh, the feature you like is http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html
That's not my way. Thats why I did not noticed that.

After Queue Filtering is good for accepting all spam and give most users best chance to become a source of backscatter.

You may setup a 2. smtp server at localhost:anyhighport using a milter.
Then configure your primary smtp server to forward all incoming mail to that 2. smtp server.

That will solve your main problem.

master.cf:
-----
smtp inet n - n - - smtpd
 -o content_filter=127.0.0.1:12345

127.0.0.1:12345 inet n - n - - smtpd
 -o smtpd_milters=${opendkim_milter}
-----

now, if the milter fail, the mail still stay in a queue at *your* server.

Andreas