Planning for 2.7.0

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:02:59 -0700 (PDT)

After another brief hiatus, I will be starting the planning for what
features will be supported in v2.7.0 of the filter fairly soon.

There seems to be consensus for removing libar, so that's on the list.
Also on the list will be further development on the reputation stuff, and
any other work that comes up with respect to supporting DMARC in general
and OpenDMARC in particular.

The feature request tracker is at:

         https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=269812&atid=1147704

Things with priority 5 are candidates. Things that have higher priorty
have already been selected. Things that have lower priority are currently
disqualified.

I encourage everyone to go through the ones that are flagged "Open" and
comment on any they would really like to see. (Noting any you'd really
like to work on would be even better and increase the likelihood of them
making it in!) This will help me come up with a list of things that would
be good uses of our coding and testing energy. There are currently only
18, so it won't take you too long.

Also, if you have any you'd like to file for consideration, now's the
time.

I plan to start Betas for 2.7.0 in mid-September, which probably means
starting development in a few weeks. (I could use the breather!)

Looking forward to your comments.

-MSK