Re: SQL Update 2.6.0 -> 2.6.1

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 22:16:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012, Graham Murray wrote:
> Would it be a good idea if when a version changes the SQL schema that as
> well as including the script to generate the whole schema (as it does
> now), it were to include a script to update the schema from the previous
> version?

Schema changes happen rarely enough that this hasn't been an issue so far,
but this isn't a bad idea.

RPMs might have an easier time of doing schema upgrades because they can
tell which version was there before, I believe. That might not be so easy
on non-Linux systems. Would it be acceptable to expect the user to enter
the previously installed schema version as a parameter to such a script?

-MSK