Re: external host [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] attempted to send as my domain

From: Jim Fenton <fenton_at_bluepopcorn.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 17:29:18 -0700

On 6/28/12 5:08 AM, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have configured opendkim to inform if some "external" host send
> an email signed by "_at_my.domain"
>
> we are more and more spammed by hosts doing so
>
> Is it possible to configure opendkim to REJECT such emails
> that are not defined in the internal_hosts file ?
>
> thank you

I presume that you mean an external host that is sending messages
without a valid DKIM signature for your domain. They shouldn't be able
to send messages with valid signatures from your domain.

You might want to be careful about rejecting such messages. If you have
users who send through external mailing lists that break DKIM
signatures, they might not receive list messages from others in your domain.

-Jim