Re: AlwaysSignHeaders results in "fail"

From: <lutz.niederer_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 19:19:22 +0200

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, lutz.niederer_at_gmx.net wrote:
> >> The only thing AlwaysSignHeaders does is amend the "h=" value to ensure
> >> your named header field(s) are always there even if they were absent
> >> during signature generation. They don't actually cause the header
> field
> >> to be signed. Try adding this to your configuration:
> >>
> >> SignHeaders *,+x-scan-info
> >
> > Thanks, I'll try this.
> >
> > What does "*" exactly mean? Did I miss something in the documentation?
> > Are there more such things like "*" and where can they be found in the
> > docu?
>
> The documentation for SignHeaders (in the opendkim.conf(5) man page)
> refers you back to OmitHeaders for syntax rules, and that's where "*" is
> defined.

That did the trick. It works as desired.

BUT: I get a message in my log that states:
"opendkim: can't configure DKIM library; continuing"

It seems to run as expected but I am unsure what that means and what implications it has. I have no clue where this comes from. If I delete SignHeaders ... the message disappears.

I have this library in /usr/lib:
/usr/lib/libopendkim.so.1 -> /usr/lib/libopendkim.so.1.0.0

So, I don't know what's going wrong.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-lutzn