AlwaysSignHeaders results in "fail"

From: <lutz.niederer_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:22:44 +0200

Hi!

I wanted to add a custom header to the signing of the mails.
The header is called X-Scan-Info.

If send mail with this X-Scan-Info header present and I add
AlwaysSignHeaders X-Scan-Info to opendkim.conf verification always fails.
AlwaysSignHeaders CC to opendkim.conf verification succeeds.
AlwaysSignHeaders CC,X-Scan-Info to opendkim.conf verification always fails.

If I send mail with this X-Scan-Info header NOT present and I add
AlwaysSignHeaders X-Scan-Info to opendkim.conf verification succeeds.
AlwaysSignHeaders CC to opendkim.conf verification succeeds.
AlwaysSignHeaders CC,X-Scan-Info to opendkim.conf verification succeeds.

OpenDKIM is running on a mail relay. The header is added at the hop before that relay. So, the relay does not do anything with this header except passing it through like all the other headers. I can also clearly see that the header is not modified (it is pretty simple "X-Scan-Info: a").

Strange! Any tips what I am missing here?

Thanks a lot for your help!
-lutzn