Re: opendkim and sendmail starttls auth

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 03:12:52 -0700

Hi Phillipe,
At 02:40 07-06-2012, Philippe TEMESI wrote:
>No It's not an open relay of course.
>Users authenticate with a local sasldb. This is the most basic
>authentication method with Sendmail... without ldap, etc.
>
>I wonder why OpenDKIM does not detect that.

OpenDKIM looks for {auth_type} to detect SMTP authentication. It
should catch the above. Can you post an extract of your mail log
with LogLevel 14 set?

BTW, as your users are probably relaying through port 587, you can
set the (openDKIM) MTA parameter so that OpenDKIM can detect mail
coming through that port and sign it.

Regards,
-sm