opendkim and sendmail starttls auth

From: Philippe TEMESI <philippe.temesi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:44:48 +0200

Hello,

My sendmail MTA is configured to relay authenticated users (sasldb, etc).
I'm wondering what's the correct way to handle this with OpeDKIM.

When a user sends an email OpenDKIM does not sign it as user is relaying
from an external IP.
I have no way to include the external IPs in my configuration.
The users may connect from everywhere, from a WiFi hotspot, from home, etc.

Does OpenDKIM make a difference between a basic relay and an
authenticated relay?

For the moment I've got something like '/external host [1.2.3.4]
attempted to send as domain.com/' in sendmail's logs (it's an example of
course) whenever a user sends an email from outside.

Philippe TEMESI
http://www.tems.be