Re: OpenLDAP's MDB library as a BDB alternative

From: Patrick Ben Koetter <p_at_state-of-mind.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 07:28:59 +0200

* Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>:
> --On Monday, April 16, 2012 4:29 PM -0700 "Murray S. Kucherawy"
> <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:
>
> >We can certainly look at it. Please open a feature request on
> >SourceForge for it.
> >
> >The real question will be the APIs. Is it packaged inside OpenLDAP, or
> >can it be downloaded separately?
>
> Hi Murry,
>
> It has its own git repository, but at the moment no packaged
> release. It is at the moment most easily obtainable from the
> OpenLDAP git for the master branch. Other projects adding MDB
> support as a BDB replacement include Heimdal, and there is a
> proposed patch to Cyrus-SASL for it as well. I'm looking to discuss

Howard wrote the SASL patch himself. The problem will be to get the Cyrus SASL
people to release a new version. The last one took 3 years for minor changes…

> a similar change with the postfix authors too. ;)

Last time I mentioned MDB to Wietse he didn't seem too interested. But then I
proposed MDB as faster database and not as replacement for BDB. As always, if
someone turns up with a reasonable patch Wietse can start working from,
changes to get MDB into Postfix will probably be high.

p_at_rick

--
state of mind ()
http://www.state-of-mind.de