Re: OpenLDAP's MDB library as a BDB alternative

From: Hirohisa Yamaguchi <umq.461_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:23:55 +0900

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<msk_at_cloudmark.com> >> It has its own git repository, but at the
moment no packaged release.
>> It is at the moment most easily obtainable from the OpenLDAP git for
>> the master branch.  Other projects adding MDB support as a BDB
>> replacement include Heimdal, and there is a proposed patch to Cyrus-
>> SASL for it as well.  I'm looking to discuss a similar change with the
>> postfix authors too. ;)
>
> Hi Quanh,
>
> Have there been any releases of OpenLDAP with a stable MDB implementation?  I'd prefer to code against releases rather than snapshots or repositories, because then I can do stuff with autoconf like requiring specific versions for compatibility reasons.

The memory-mapped db is first appeared in OpenLDAP 2.4.27 according to changes.
http://www.openldap.org/software/release/changes.html

``Implementation highlights'' in the LDAPcon2011 presentation might help.
http://www.openldap.org/pub/hyc/mdm-slides.pdf

    Hirohisa Yamaguchi